CapiraMobile© apps are all built as Native Applications. Native applications are coded specific to a given mobile platform using the development tools and language that the respective platform supports (e.g., Xcode and Objective-C with iOS, Eclipse and Java with Android). Native Applications provide the best usability, the best features, and the best overall mobile experience.
Native App Features:
- Multi touch – users can perform double taps, pinch-spread, swirl and and other motion gestures
- Fast graphics, fluid animations – the native platform provides multiple programming interfaces that allow CapiraMobile© to take full advantage of graphical processing power, as well as provide animations for buttons and screens including zoom, slide, cross-fade, and fade out. This allows CapiraMobile© to be incredibly responsive for end users.
- Built-in Hardware Components – The camera, address book, geolocation, phone dialer, localized storage, and other features native to the device are seamlessly integrated into CapiraMobile© .
- Ease of use – The native platform is what owners of those devices are accustomed to, and so when you add that familiarity with all of the native features they expect, it makes CapiraMobile© easier to use.
- Online/Offline Connectivity – CapiraMobile© stores a majority of its graphics and data directly on a users device, allowing it to continue working when service is not available, or in Airplane Mode.
Application Data Storage and Update
What makes CapiraMobile© stand out as the next generation in mobile applications? Hybrid modeling is what separates us from the pack. By implementing our application as a hybrid model, updates to existing information is easily changed. For instance, if a Board Member’s title happens to change, it is easily modified and appears the next time users run the application. By doing this, the application is extremely fast and responsive for the end user. In fact, the application will run and display general information without a working data connection. If a user wants to lookup the library’s phone number, check for the physical address, or simply view the mission statement, no data connection is required.